Expo 2017 Astana
The ‘Expo 2017’ world’s fair took place from 10 June to 10 September 2017 in Kazakhstan’s capital, Astana. Work began on the construction of the ‘Media Center’ building two years before this, with the first products for installation of the water pipelines being delivered a year later. In this project, 95% of the products used came from Hawle. The remaining 5% were articles that are not included in the Hawle product range.
The pipelines extend past the Media Center and on to the airport, the university and other public facilities. The pipes supplied by our partner TRM were mainly made of PE, with some ductile iron pipes too. The equipment used included DN600 gate valves, DN1000 valves, System 2000 in DN600/630 and many other Hawle products.
It was truly astonishing to watch a humble meadow be transformed into a huge exhibition center in just two years.
- Valves DN900, DN1000, DN1200, PN10
- Gate valves DN500, DN600, PN10
- Multigrip DN900, DN1000, PN 10